How to write a simple essay in a matter of minutes?
During examinations, we usually fall short of time as we are expected to write a flawless piece of compensation in short span. The problem arises when the topic is an absolutely new one and we have hardly 10-15 minutes to write. However, by employing some useful strategy stated below you can fulfill the aim easily.
What’s the strategy?
The step by step instructions are given below:
- Go through the question: Read the question with patience. It will assist you to stick to the point.
- Brainstorm: Write everything you know. Prepare notes in brief. Order of writing is not important here. You can organize points later. If you are not at the examination hall, you can even consult some articles online.
- Planning: Organize and give a structure to your mess. Group the ideas. Include all the relevant factors that you come across. Ensure that you link the paragraphs well.
A rough guide or the outline includes three components of the composition:
- Introduction: It is the backbone of the article. Keep it interesting. Introduction is the understanding of the question where you include the main line of the argument.
- Body: It should have minimum of three to four paragraphs and they should be interlinked. The paragraphs should be of reasonable length. Your each paragraph should have prominent issues with strong arguments that are linked to the topic.
- Conclusion: Summarize the chief components. Keep the ending snappy and well thought while recapitulating the points.
- Your writing should catch the spotlight: Your paper should look different among hundreds. For that the beginning should be catchy. Start with an attractive statement, some popular description of the author, some statistical data, figures etc.
- Revision, Editing and Proofreading: It is the mandatory step at the end. After you have written the composition, revise your draft. Spend at least 5 minutes in revision, editing and proofreading. Do all these steps separately. If you are not in the examination hall, you can start revision after an hour or two, however if you are in the examination hall, you can do it after you have written the whole paper. It will assist you to pay minute attention to each and every detail. It will highlight and fix the glaring errors you tend to make unconsciously. Revision, editing and proofreading part increases your efficiency making your essay a superb one.
- Conclusion: Ensure that your composition is easy to read, well written, well organized, well thought, well planned and to the point.